New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

ArcSight Activate Replication - List Corrupted

Hello,

Does anyone experienced an issue when you enable replication for Activate Replication!!

In the destination ESM, some lists got corrupted causing the replication to fail. Is there a clear steps on how to uninstall the activate and do clean-up within the DB?

Hope getting feed-back.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hey,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

It sounds like you're using content management from the Command Center, is this correct?

We have ESM 6.5 with peering set up between a test and prod server for content management and AL's are particularly problematic if your package export settings aren't correct, of if you're attempting to overwrite an existing AL occasionally it will corrupt it.

I've taken to only replicating AL's once to build them with the matching resourceID on peers and then manually import/export the list data if I need to merge static entries (auth lists, suppression, etc)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hey,

I had encountered the similar issue recently as I did some sanity tests on Activate packages. What I did were to install activate packages by following the instruction and running the batch files from the Console/current directory. The all Activate packages were deleted through Console. Later, what I did try were 1) reinstalled L1 without installing Activate-Base, 2)  reinstalled L2 without installing Activate-Base and L2, etc. These tries failed as expected, then I reinstalled them with a right order again.

After all, I didn't notice the Active List corruption issue until I tried to use 'Graph view' or 'Show data' option of Active Lists. I see the below error message as I tired to view data for these Active Lists. These Active lists were still valid and can be edited.

The only way I fixed the problem was to delete all of Activate packages from Console, and reinstalled them with a correct order, like A-Base, A-L1, A-L2, then A-Products.

-Nellie

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.