Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Honored Contributor.. john.robinson21 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

ArcSight Activate Wiki Documentation

Version 2.0.0.0

Reformatted layout of the wiki.

Published it on an Internet-facing server at https://hpe-sec.com/foswiki/bin/view/ArcSightActivate/WebHome

For comments and issues, please see the Official Activate Wiki Forum at

We plan on providing an export for those who prefer a private copy as soon as we have this version stabilized and have added some missing pieces from the migration of the old format. When we do finally publish it, we will post it at ArcSight | HPE Marketplace.

We have the export!!! It is available at https://marketplace.saas.hpe.com/arcsight/content/activate-framework-wiki. Apologies for the delay.

Version 1.0.10

Added documentation for Malware Solution Pack under Security Technology Monioring

Added documentation for McAfee ePO integration

Corrected various typos and screenshots throughout

Version 1.0.9

Updated the following Guides:

• Install guide Activate Base to the scripted process
  • Install guide L1 Perimeter and Network Monitoring to the scripted process
  • Install guide Tipping Point Unity One to the scripted process
  • Install guide Websense to the scripted process
  • Home page for Perimeter and OS solution to show process progression in headers

Collapsed ArcSight Packaging Topics

Corrected various typos and screenshots throughout

Labels (2)
19 Replies
dslife Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ArcSight Activate Wiki Documentation

Is the the 1.0.8 version?

0 Likes
john.petropoulo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes that is right. If you want to hold off, I have 1.0.9 coming with some content updates very very soon. Going through some final testing.

Websense fixes are in there

/j

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Hey John,

Will we have to re-install the wiki from scratch in order to update?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Not at all, just drop the files on the file system and all the docs will be updated. If you have any customized stuff on your wiki, just make a backup of foswiki_root/data and foswiki/pub so you don’t lose anything.

On one of the latest versions, I added a few special links that you can use so I don’t erase your custom content.

Let me know if you run into issues.

/J

0 Likes
mike_of_many Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hey all, and John heads up in case others have the same issue.

Is anyone else having issues with the tables? Specifically and only the main table for the Perimeter Monitoring Package Page? I ended up having to edit the raw code for the includes to break their line length in the individual cells. Saved as a new version and fixed.

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

I'm not seeing this on my end.  I'm up to 1.0.10, maybe I fixed it a few weeks ago without realizing.

/J

0 Likes
mike_of_many Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I'ld do a frown if I knew the emoji for it.

Otherwise, even in the .10 latest after a fresh upload, this is what I'm getting:

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
scottlsattler
New Member.

This thing dead already?

0 Likes
prentice@hpe.co Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Nope, just temporarily OBE. We are working on a central site for it, as well as migrating it off of FOSwiki.

Stay tuned (apologies for the delays).

0 Likes
scottlsattler
New Member.

Yes, that was kinda half baked platform. Hopefully there will be better content coming out as well. Is the intent for community content sharing and if so will HP develop any content (useful that is) and share that for free?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Yes, there will be HPE developed content, which will continue, as well as community developed content (these are both the case now!), and it will continue to be free.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

So, will I be able to do a fresh install as of today?  I just tried and when trying to install the foswiki repos on page 10, it said that there are no foswiki repos available.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

The FOSwiki repos are provided by the FOSwiki group, we don't have anything to do with that. If you read KMac's paper, it tells you how to get the FOSwiki installation files, I believe, and talks about the repos, but off the top of my head, I couldn't give you any better information.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Ok, it may have been the version of CentOS i was using.  I did a fresh install with the iso recommended by Mary Cordova at the following post and it worked: 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.