Highlighted
Established Member.. cmaenner
Established Member..

ArcSight Archive Utility vs Asset Model Import FlexConnector Tool

I was hoping someone could help me with a new finding in regards to importing assets.  I am testing to see which asset importing tool would be the most efficient going forward within our environment.  During the testing, it seems that the ArcSight Archive Utility tool is not importing all the assets that the Asset Model Import FlexConnector is importing.  Provided below are the details of the testing.  To create the assets, I am using the same SQL query to generate the CSV and XML file.

Using the ArcSight Archive Utility Tool Version 6.8.0.1896.0 (BE1896_12-9-2014_7:2:36), I am only able to import 2 out of 10 unique Mac Address assets from the attached XML file (ArcSight_ArchiveUtility_DummyData.xml).

Using the ArcSight Asset Model Import FlexConnector Version 7.0.7.7287.0 (ArcSight-7.0.7.7287.0-AssetModelImportConnector-Linux.bin), I am able to import 10 out of the 10 unique Mac Address assets from the attached CSV file (ArcSight_FlexConnector_FileCreation_DummyData.csv).

Please let me know if there is anything else needed to figure out this issue.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.