Samour Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ArcSight ESM Console license complaint on login

Jump to solution

OK so I'm having an issue where ArcSight thinks we are over our license when we are not.

I cleaned up the session list the Licensing Report uses but that does not affect the login prompt.

How do I check how it is collecting that information and how do I fix it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samour Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ArcSight ESM Console license complaint on login

Jump to solution

No I forgot about disabled users.

They still count to the limit.

I switched them to web users and we're all good now.

0 Likes
4 Replies
brian.freedman@1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The licensing complaint is based on total number of users, it has nothing to do with the session list report. Depending on what your license entitlement is for you can re-classify some users as webusers to drop the total number of console users. Not really enough information here to provide any advice, some screenshots would be helpful

0 Likes
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Samer,

ESM console license based on how many logins. So how many arcsight users have you created? if it has exceeds the limit then prompt the user limit has exceed notification.

Cheers

Gayan

Mr
0 Likes
Highlighted
Samour Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

No I forgot about disabled users.

They still count to the limit.

I switched them to web users and we're all good now.

0 Likes
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

my pleasure

Mr
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.