Trusted Contributor.. joearcsight Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

ArcSight ESM glossary and terminology meanings

Hi everyone,
I am learning the ArcSight ESM and have been thrown in the deep end with it.
I am wanting to know if there is a glossary or a complete list of the meanings of the headings used in the system.
For example the Fields: Target User Name, Device Event Class Id, Agent Address etc etc- including Op meanings.
I hope this makes sense to who ever reads this. Until I get on an Administrator and Analyst ESM course I am learning on the job so your help and assistance will be greatly appreciated and respected.
Thank you,
Joe.

7 Replies
benh3103 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: ArcSight ESM glossary and terminology meanings

Hello,

I would like to recommend You to take a look at this guide, some of fields are explaining here: https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ESM-and-ESM-Express/Micro-Focus-Security-ArcSight-ESM-101/ta-p/1661003

Chapter11:TheEventSchema, page110

Trusted Contributor..

Thank you @benh3103 . Much appreciated for your assistance. That helps me out. Cheers.

0 Likes
ghmaj Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi

This documentary can help you learn better.

ghmaj Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Trusted Contributor..

Thank you very much @ghmaj for your document. Much appreciated. Cheers, Joe.

0 Likes
benh3103 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Also, in ArcSight Console User's Guide => Chapter 29: Reference Guide => Data Fields starting from page 863 you can find some useful info including field's types, descriptions, etc.

Trusted Contributor..

Thank you @benh3103 . That is helpful. Cheers.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.