Highlighted
Member.

ArcSight Logger Software - encrypt TCP forwarded events

Hello,

I have ArcSight Software Logger 6.6 (L8204) on Red Hat 7.3 and have created a TCP forwarder to send the events to another machine (datalake) that is receiving through a rsyslog client on 514 port. It happens that this connection is made on TCP cleartext.

I would like to know how can I encrypt the traffic between the Logger and the destination machine and what configurations I need to change on ArcSight Logger side in order to send the traffic in a ciphered way.

It's incredible how a product with several years doesn't support this throught the web interface....

Best Regards,

PR

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.