Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
gszromek1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ArcSight Management Center container error - does not work

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

I have really strange problem with ArcSight Management Center v.2.1. Maybe someone had the same issue and can help.

Device: ArcMC 2.1, hardware appliance, container version 7.1.4

2 of my containers were down during a package upload by Repositories option. The package was wrong I think.

After these actions 2 of the containers are down and I cannot do anything with them.

I cannot:

- start them

- install a connector

- manage a certificate

- delete a container

- and so on...

They are useless with any option to erase them and go up once again. I also tried "Emergency Restore" option from Repositories, however after this they are still down with "Unknown Issue" message in the Node Management menu. Of course I cannot check what is the issue and I do not have SSH access -> appliance. "Last check" column is interesting: I can find a timestamp like this "Jan 01, 1970 1:00"

I know that I can erase all the appliance (and go up with HP Image) but I do not want to do that, because I will loose other containers (which are working)

If anyone has any idea how I can repair this you are welcome

p.s. I am attaching the screen from the node management menu.

Regards,

Greg.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
gszromek1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ArcSight Management Center container error - does not work

Jump to solution

Hi guys. Below is a solution for my problem. After I got credentials from HP to my appliance (root access) it was easy. Without credentials it was not possible to resolve this problem.

[root@connector agent]# /etc/init.d/arc_appliance_connector_6 start
Running as root
Cannot find /opt/arcsight/connectors/connector_6/current/user/agent/agent.wrapper.conf
[root@connector agent]# cd /opt/arcsight/connectors/connector_6/current/user/agent/
[root@connector agent]# ls
acp        agent.properties        arc_appliance_connector_6.bak  contrib   fcp        keys  map  nssdb.client  registry.cache.properties  remote_management.p12
agentdata  agent.wrapper.conf.bak  checkpoint                     desc.txt  flexagent  lib   nfr  nt            remote_management.cer
[root@connector agent]# cp agent.wrapper.conf.bak agent.wrapper.conf
Running as root
Output will be logged to /opt/arcsight/connectors/connector_6/current/logs/agent.out.wrapper.log
Starting ArcSight appliance connector_6...
Successfully started ArcSight appliance connector_6

^^
When connector had been working I was been able to download a certificate by ArcMc console. Now all the containers are happy

p.s. credentials to the root account I got from HP when I had opened the case in their portal. It was nota  challenge response code but simple password for the root.

Regards,
Greg

0 Likes
6 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Volker Michels Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Greg,

Select Action for the Conatiner and download certificate, this will solve the issue.

Volker

0 Likes
akshayinnamuri Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

This error comes when you have not uploaded your certificate file after the restore of the configuration.

Go to the container which you have restored, it will be prompting with an iconAction telling to import the certificate, click the icon Action which is prompted and then click import certificate  --> Click Next    which imports the certificate.  and brings the container to old configurations.

0 Likes
gszromek1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

thanks for the quick answer. I had tried this option also before I wrote this post.

The problem is that these 2 containers are down and I do not have too many possibilities to do with them. I have not had such situation in the past.

In addition if I check "system panel" and "process status" I see that these connectors have status "Execution failed" or "not monitored". I suppose that "execution failed" is an answer for a trial to start the container. Of course I cannot manually start this - If I try I will find the same error.

0 Likes
gszromek1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

once again:

Import certificate option is not working. It ends with error:

"There was an error while importing certificate(s) of the container(s) of the host Localhost under location 'Default'"

Does anyone know how can I get root password to ssh console on Connector Appliance? Official case to HP or another tricky method?

0 Likes
akshayinnamuri Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Raise a service ticket with HP, seeking for the Challenge response code to HP.

Steps: Take ssh session to your connector appliance on connecting you will be displayed with Challenge code , raise  a service ticket with HP and HP will provide Challenge response code which will Login to conapp

Note: you should having a Contract identifier SAID .

0 Likes
Highlighted
gszromek1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi guys. Below is a solution for my problem. After I got credentials from HP to my appliance (root access) it was easy. Without credentials it was not possible to resolve this problem.

Running as root
Cannot find /opt/arcsight/connectors/connector_6/current/user/agent/agent.wrapper.conf
[root@connector agent]# cd /opt/arcsight/connectors/connector_6/current/user/agent/
[root@connector agent]# ls
acp        agent.properties        arc_appliance_connector_6.bak  contrib   fcp        keys  map  nssdb.client  registry.cache.properties  remote_management.p12
agentdata  agent.wrapper.conf.bak  checkpoint                     desc.txt  flexagent  lib   nfr  nt            remote_management.cer
[root@connector agent]# cp agent.wrapper.conf.bak agent.wrapper.conf
Running as root
Output will be logged to /opt/arcsight/connectors/connector_6/current/logs/agent.out.wrapper.log
Starting ArcSight appliance connector_6...
Successfully started ArcSight appliance connector_6

^^
When connector had been working I was been able to download a certificate by ArcMc console. Now all the containers are happy

p.s. credentials to the root account I got from HP when I had opened the case in their portal. It was nota  challenge response code but simple password for the root.

Regards,
Greg

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.