epic Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ArcSight user can read NFS mount but connector cannot

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have an NFS mount to an AIX server that I am trying to read logs on a flex connector. The NFS mounts correctly, the ArcSight user can read the log files when I an logged in as user ArcSight, but the connector cannot access the folder when I add the folder to the sdkrfilereader connector properties.

The connector is a 6.4.0 appliance and the agent version is 6.0.5. The NFS mount has been created for for user 1500 (arcsight), but the folder mounted is not owned by user 1500 or group 750 on the remote side, it is owned by user 200 and group 500. User 1500 has been added to the remote server's group 500 for read permissions, and locally I created group 500 and added user arcsight to said group so the local system would allow read permissions (this worked.) When I try to add the folder to the flex connector I am getting a "error [0:Folder [/opt/mnt/xxx] does not have permissions to read the files" error. I tried adding root to group 500 as well, but no luck.

I found KM1305020 on HP's support site which lists steps towards mounting a folder on AIX:

1. The AIX sysadmin must create an NFS mount to the complete target folder. ( i.e. /log/folderA/folderB/folderC )

2. The arcsight user and arcsight group must be created and must have UID 1500 and GID 750 at that target server log to manage.

3. Sysadmin creates a softlink Inside /home/arcsight to the target folder. (You need root ID on that) .(i.e. /log/folderA/folderB/folderC)

After this is completed, you will see that the file names are abc@ (AIX uses the @ sign to signal a softlink.)

4. Create the mount as normal on the Connector Appliance. Your remote path will be /home/arcsight/abc. (No alias needed in the Appliance setup).

We changed the NFS to this format, but the container still cannot access the share (user ArcSight can.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samour Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ArcSight user can read NFS mount but connector cannot

Jump to solution

It turned out that root user requires read-only access to the folder

0 Likes
2 Replies
Jurgen
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Before i get into the logic of your problem i would first advice you to upgrade to the latest smartconnector (6. is way too old).

Kind regards,

Jurgen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Samour Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

It turned out that root user requires read-only access to the folder

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.