Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Arcmc upgradation to 2.9 from 2.8.0

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to upgrade Arcmc (appliance) 2.8.0 to 2.9. I see there are in between upgrade (2.8.1). Can I upgrade it directly to 2.9 or I have to update it to 2.8.1 first? I have seen the path which we need to follow but could not understand if we can directly go to 2.9 from 2.8?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Arcmc upgradation to 2.9 from 2.8.0

Hello Varun,

You can upgrade to 2.9.0 directly from 2.8.0

Check page 8 of 2.9 Release note:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ArcSight-Management-Center-ArcMC/ArcSight-Management-Center-2-90-Release-Notes/ta-p/1684155

Upgrading ArcMC
Upgrade is supported from software ArcSight Management Center version 2.80 to software
ArcSight Management Center 2.90.

Mladen

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

They have mentioned software ArcMC. I am planning to upgrade Appliance ArcMC.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

This is applicable also for appliances but before ArcMC upgrade first you need to upgrade OS on appliance (if it is necessary).

Mladen

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello ,

as Mladen mention it it's very important to upgrade the OS first and then the application.

I was always like this if i remember.

all the best,

Daniel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

how can I upgrade the OS of an appliance and where can I find the OS file?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

OS related files and all other files should be visible in your support portal:

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

Thanks,

Mladen

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Do we need to upload the OS file under license and updates tab of the appliance and are their any prerequisites?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello, 

yep this is the way.

Also, if you can make an effort an read the document attached to the following link  https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ArcSight-Management-Center-ArcMC/ArcSight-Management-Center-2-9-3-Patch-1-Administrator-s-Guide/ta-p/2761815 , for the upgrade on page 109 Local Upgrade of ArMC will more understandable and for sure you will remember next time.

all the best, 

Daniel 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.