Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Arcsight Command Center vs ESM Console

My client has ESM 6.5c with CORRE. The only have two console license and 10 web users license.

What is the difference Command Center vs ESM console?

Is it able to do most of the admin tasks as ESM console?

Does Command center web interface  support multiple languages? the customer server was install with Japanese locale but have English resources.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Taurice,

In fact the command Center doesn't replace the ESM console.

Indeed, in Command Center you could not create content such as: rules, filters,...

Command Center should be used by analyst to query on events.

However you are quiet limited for the moment with ArcMC as before using content you should create it within ESM, provide ACL on created object and then authorize people to use this content in Command Center.

If you have sufficient license on the ESM Console, I suggest using the ESM console. But if you need more user on the console, go to the ArcMC and create profil for analyst.

For the last queqtion, yes ArcMC support many language.

Regards,

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Agree with above post. Command Center can be used to view dashboards, reports, active channels, and very basic administration. To create rules, dashboards, reports, etc. you must use Console. Btw, I'm an ArcSight consulant in Tokyo and yes Japanese is supported with ESM 6.8c.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Command Center 6.5c UI does not support Japanese in my experience.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.