Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Arcsight ESM 6.9 HA Implementation

Hello,

I am installing ESM 6.9 in HA mode, since this is a new installation we are starting with HA module installation first.

I have already created and mounted same shared partition on both primary and secondary server i.e /opt/arcsight of same size.

I have also created same size metadata partition on both server.

Both Servers are also pingable to each other using primary and hearbeat ips.

But for some reason, while installing HA module, it is throwing below error message

New drbd meta data block successfully created.

au946:   2016-04-04 14:04:16  New install, will skip initial disk sync.

au946:   2016-04-04 14:04:46 ERROR - DRBD Connection State is 'WFConnection' - should be Connected.

version: 8.4.6 (api:1/proto:86-101)

GIT-hash: 833d830e0152d1e457fa7856e71e11248ccf3f70 build by buildsystem@linbit, 2015-04-03 18:18:43

1: cs:WFConnection ro:Secondary/Unknown ds:Inconsistent/DUnknown C r-----

ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 ep:1 wo:f oos:9017753344

au946:   2016-04-04 14:04:46  Fix above errors, and run First Boot Wizard again.

Any help will be highly appreciable.

Regards

Hemant

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi ​,

at least this took us a step further in our lab environment, however in production it should be a bit more specific

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=7789/tcp

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=0-65535/udp

Cheers

Andreas and S

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I believe that Andreas is correct - this is the common error when you get when there is a blocked port or channel between the two nodes. The HA module install goes through some very vigorous checks for communications, partition setup and so on - so it won't install without all of these working. Andreas is recommending that you open all of the ports - but also check the direct connection as well as the heartbeat too - while this isn't failing, do make sure this is operational and connected too.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.