Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Arcsight ESM HA Implementation

Hello ,

Arcsight ESM HA Implementation - I am Planning for a ESM HA environment with 12 TB storage space on SAN - to Achieve HA do I use the same 12 TB and mount it on Active system or does it require 2 12 TB SAN each mounted to Primary and Secondary at all times ?

Anyone already setup a ESM 6.8c HA environment kindly advice.

Regards,

Srikanth

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello Srikanth,

You need 2 times the 12TB san space as the HA works based on file system syncing between the Primary and the secondary server.

Regards,

Richard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your response, I was wondering if we can setup the HA in RAID 5, the documentation says RAID 10 however apart from reduced performance are there any other impact if we use RAID 5, kindly let me know.

Regards,

Srikanth R

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.