Absent Member.

Arcsight Express Appliance B7400 Upgrade path to the latest version

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is our system information:

ArcSight Express appliance B7400

OS version: RHEL 5.5

Manager version: 6.1.0.1389.0

How we can upgrade our system to the latest ESM version (6.9c) and OS release (rhel 7.1)? Is there any upgrade path? Do we need a new license?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Arcsight Express Appliance B7400 Upgrade path to the latest version

Jump to solution

This is correct only to the AE 75xx series. The AE 74xx can be upgraded to Express can be updated to Express SW 4.0 P1, but the OS cannot be upgraded.

Also note that this is not "ESM 4.0 P1" but rather "Express 4.0 P1". SW versions for Express and ESM are not interchangeable.

~ Ofer

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

There is no direct upgrade of the software ESM, however Express 6.9 is available for purchase for new customers and for customers who wish to upgrade their hardware.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am in B7500, i have done the upgrade to the latest version recently.

if you arcsight express is a hardware appliacnce, then you upgrade your OS maximum to 6.5 and ESM to 4.0 P1 (6.1.0.1933.1).

Thanks,

Rajkumar

Raj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

This is correct only to the AE 75xx series. The AE 74xx can be upgraded to Express can be updated to Express SW 4.0 P1, but the OS cannot be upgraded.

Also note that this is not "ESM 4.0 P1" but rather "Express 4.0 P1". SW versions for Express and ESM are not interchangeable.

~ Ofer

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello, I have 7526 and want to upgrade to 6.9, is this possible ?

Where can I search for the upgrade ? I don't see it in my downloads ? do you know the name of the package ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.