Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Arcsight Web tab not working on manager webpage

Jump to solution

I have an Express 4.0 appliance.  Currently I am trying to replace the self-signed certificate that the manager and web services uses.  I have created my new certificate and keys, and placed them in the following locations:

<arcsight_home>/manager/config/jetty/keystore (the new keys with an alias of 'mykey')

<arcsight_home>/manager/config/jetty/selfsigned.cer (the new certificate)

<arcsight_home>/manager/jre/lib/security/cacerts (the new root certificate has been added)

<arcsight_home>/web/config/jetty/webkeystore (the new keys with an alias of 'mykey')

<arcsight_home>/web/config/jetty/selfsigned.cer (the new certificate)

<arcsight_home>/web/jre/lib/security/cacerts (the new root certificate has been added)

After restarting the services, everything seems to work fine except the Arcsight Web tab on the manager webpage.  The console is working, connectors are sending events (after updating certificate on connectors), and both the individual manager (default port 8443) and web (default port 9443) pages come up using the new certificate.  However when I click on the Arcsight Web tab on the manager page, the Web page comes up at the login screen with a message that the session is expired.  Attempts to login with a good username and password fails with the same message.  The Web page works fine if I go directly to it using port 9443. A check of the web logs shows login attempts from my workstation with 'user: NONE'. 

This was working fine until I imported the new certificate, so it is obviously tied to that activity.  I am guessing there is something still tied to the old certificate, but I cannot figure out what it is.  I have tried restarting the server and my browser, to rule out something cached.

I guess I should mention that the commonName (CN) of the certificate changed from ip on the old one to hostname on the new one.  That might be relevant.

Any ideas or help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Arcsight Web tab not working on manager webpage

Jump to solution

LOL.  Right after posting this question I figured it out.  There is a property in manager/config/server.properties called web.url.base.host.  Apparently this must match the CN on the certificate of the web service.  After I made the change and restarted the services, the Arcsight Web tab started working correctly again.

I guess the common name change was relevant.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Arcsight Web tab not working on manager webpage

Jump to solution

LOL.  Right after posting this question I figured it out.  There is a property in manager/config/server.properties called web.url.base.host.  Apparently this must match the CN on the certificate of the web service.  After I made the change and restarted the services, the Arcsight Web tab started working correctly again.

I guess the common name change was relevant.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.