Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
chauhan_rahul1890 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Arcsight certification

Jump to solution

looking for arcsight admin certification, from where to start??

please suggest??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Arcsight certification

Jump to solution

I recommend

• Practicial Usage of arcsight tools (Logger, ESM, Connectors etc.)
  • ArcSight ESM 101
  • Arcsight ESM Admin Guide
  • Smartconnector Felx Guide

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

I recommend

• Practicial Usage of arcsight tools (Logger, ESM, Connectors etc.)
  • ArcSight ESM 101
  • Arcsight ESM Admin Guide
  • Smartconnector Felx Guide

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chauhan_rahul1890 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hello,
I'm sorry to say but I'm looking for a certification in ArcSight. I'm already having hands on experience in ArcSight
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hello,

i think that you are referring to something like this:

There is an old topic about it :

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ArcSight-User-Discussions/ArcSight-Certification/td-p/1511634

Maybe the exams are still with HP education and for that, you need to check with them. But I think that this topic is still ongoing since ArcSight become Microfocus product and unfortunate there are are not information about it yet.

Maybe into the future.

Best Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. kUMters Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi guys, I did certification two weeks ago. And as you are right = MF changed it totally. Old certifications are not accepted by MF any more (to be compliant with MF if you are a partner of MF), you have to recertify in the new MF certification portal. Yes, my/your Advanced Analyst (etc.) certifications are useless.

What is a shame, that ArcSight actual certification is websh.t = anybody without ArcSight knowledge is able to do that very easily. It doesn't reflect real experience/knowledge about ArcSight at all:(

Back to your question:

MF certification/learning portal: https://microfocuspartner.force.com/s/

• In the middle, there will be your certification status
  • Click on it, and choose Technical certifications, then Security, then Security Operations Technical Certification
  • You will find there 4 exams + training
    • You will need to watch those presentations/training
    • Questions in exams are not about your knowledge but about texts which are in those presentations.
      • I'm doing SIEM/ArcSight for more than 10 years and was not able to do it on the first try (without watching/reading that presentations)
__
Solution Security Architect
Honored Contributor.. kUMters Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

These are guides (the good ones) to learn ArcSight, but not certification exams:)

__
Solution Security Architect
mschleich Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi vitz,

Did you know if ArcSight Training are still mandatory by Micro Focus to pass ArcSight Certifications?

So if you have more than 8 years of ArcSight experiences, it is impossible to pass those certification without to follow training that will be completely useless for you, isn't it?

Or, this has been changed by Micro Focus.

Thanks
Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.. Ricardo Passos Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

There is just one certification that the course is not mandatory, the + ARCSIGHT ESM ADMIN AND ANALYST ACCREDITED SOFTWARE PROFESSIONAL (ASP), the other certifications exam must be done after completing the course.

You can find more info on:

https://microfocus.viewcentral.com/events/uploads/microfocus/certifications.html

0 Likes
Contributor.. rohan trivedi Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.