Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Arcsight logger for Linux 5.5

Hi All,

Please let me know. I have downloaded ArcSight Logger 6.

When I install this in my Red Hat Linux Enterpreise Linux 5.5 on virtual box, it shows below error.

"Installation Requirement  not met.

Pre-Install check failed: Your MaxDesc is failed 1024.

The Lower limit for open the descriptors is 65536."

Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Have you updated the 90-nproc.conf file as described in the installation guide.  Below is the snippet from the installation guide that covers this update. 

1 If you do not already have a file /etc/security/limits.d/90-nproc.conf,

create one (and the limits.d directory, if necessary). If the file already exists,

delete all entries in the file.

2 Add the following lines:

*      soft      nproc      10240

*      hard     nproc      10240

*      soft      nofile      65536

*      hard     nofile      65536

3 Reboot the machine.

4 Run the following command to verify the new settings:

ulimit -a

5 Verify that the output shows the following values for Open files and Max user

processes:

open files 65536

max user processes 10240

After you have increased the user process limit and met the other prerequisites, you are ready to install Logger.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi torbet,

Thank you so much. It works fine.

Regards

Jayakrishnan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.