Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Asset Model Import FlexConnector Asset Zones/Category Issues

Jump to solution

The use case for this project is to import our Enterprise Asset Management to our ArcSight ESM system and have the ESM auto generate Location, Zone, and Categories.  I am successful in setting up my ESM Asset Model Import FlexConnector ().  An example of my parser file (example.sdkfilereader.properties) and CSV (example.csv) is attached.

We are using ArcSight ESM v6.8 and ESM Asset Model Import FlexConnector v7.0.7.7287.0.

When the asset gets imported into our ESM, the ESM does not automatically set the asset Location, Zone, and Category.  When I right-click on the asset and choose "Auto-Zone", the asset is properly set with the zone/location information.  Below are the steps I performed prior to setting up the ESM Asset Model Import FlexConnector.

1. Asset Network: Navigator > Resources > Assets > Networks > Networks > Shared > All Networks > Organization > Business > MyNetwork > Inspect/Edit
    • Attributes (Tab): Network > Name = MyNetwork
    • Attributes (Tab): Network > Customer = MyCustomer
    • Attributes (Tab): Network > Location = MyLocation
    • Connectors (Tab): Connectors = /All Connectors/Site Connectors/MyConnector
    • Zones (Tab): Zones = /All Zones/Organization/MyBusiness/MyZone
  2. Asset Zones: Navigator > Resources > Assets > Zones > Zones > Shared > All Zones > Organization > Business > MyZone > Inspect/Edit
    • Attributes (Tab): Zone Name: MyZoneCorporation
    • Attributes (Tab): Zone Start Address: 10.0.0.1
    • Attributes (Tab): Zone End Address: 10.0.0.254
    • Attributes (Tab): Zone Dynamic Addressing: Checked
    • Attributes (Tab): Zone Location: MyLocation
    • Attributes (Tab): Zone Network: MyNetwork
    • Categories (Tab): Local Asset Categories: /All Asset Categories/Enterprise/NT
  3. Asset Categories: Navigator > Resources > Assets > Categories > Asset Categories > Shared > All Asset Categories > Enterprise > NT > Inspect/Edit
    • Attributes (Tab): Group Name: NT
  4. Asset Locations: Navigator > Resources > Assets > Locations > Locations > Shared > All Locations > Organization > Business > MyLocation > Inspect/Edit
    • Attributes (Tab): Location Name: MyLocation
  5. Customers: Navigator > Resources > Customers > Customers > Shared > All Customers > Organization > Business > MyCustomer > Inspect/Edit
    • Attributes (Tab): Customer > Name> MyCustomer
    • Networks (Tab): Networks = /All Networks/Organization/Business/MyNetwork
  6. Connectors: Navigator > Resources > Connectors > Connectors > Shared > Site Connectors > MyConnector > Inspect/Edit
    • Connector (Tab): Model Import User = MyUser
    • Networks (Tab): Networks = /All Networks/Organization/Business/MyNetwork
    • Default (Tab): Content (Tab): Customer URI = /All Customers/Organization/Business/MyCustomer
    • Alternate #1 (Tab): Content (Tab): Customer URI = /All Customers/Organization/Business/MyCustomer

Any help would be appreciated.  If anyone needs more details, please let me know.

Thanks

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 2nd Class

Figured out the solution with support from an external resource.  Needed to add the zone, location, and modify my category string.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Cadet 2nd Class

Figured out the solution with support from an external resource.  Needed to add the zone, location, and modify my category string.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.