Captain
Captain

Autopass license issue

Anyone here having issue with the autopass license installation on the ArcMC 2.5 Appliance?  Im getting this "LastError=The supplied license file is invalid\: Please upload a valid Autopass license file" .  Im trying to upload the .dat files that I got from ArcSight support.

Thanks!

Richel

Labels (1)
0 Likes
23 Replies
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Richel,

Funny enough, I just finished updating my Loggers to 6.3.1.7874.0 today after having upgraded ArcMC to v2.5.1.1931.0 yesterday... which as far as I know are the latest versions for each product.

After seeing your response, I had a glimmer of hope that all I needed to do was to upgrade the ArcMC agent on the loggers.  Unfortunately, even after stopping ArcMC, renaming the LicFile.txt, starting ArcMC and then trying to upload my licenses (licenses which I've confirmed are good in another local environment), I still end up with the same error.

So your case may be different and I hope upgrading your Loggers solves the problem, but in my case, no luck.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Carl,

Thanks for this info, now I'm having a second thought to upgrade my Logger. Have you tried disabling the ADP, restarting the APS or rebooting?

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

I would go ahead regardless of my success/failure...  nothing says that you have the same issue I do.

But on a happy note, your suggestion did the trick!

I disabled ADP, restarted ArcMC, enabled ADP and then suddenly my autopass licenses were valid again!

Thank you so much for getting my environment back in working order.

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

this worked for me too.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Carl,  I'm glad that trick works!   I'm happy i was able to help.   Wish me luck later!

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Is there anyone getting this error on the ADP licensing when upgraded to Logger 6.3.1?  [2017-02-13 14:00:00,037][ERROR][ADPLicenseServiceImpl][saveAllAgentIds][task-scheduler-5] Failed to save agentId: null into adp_connector_agent_id.. ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "adp_connector_agent_id_agent_id_key"; SQL [n/a]; constraint [adp_connector_agent_id_agent_id_key]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "adp_connector_agent_id_agent_id_key

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

I have the same issue......
0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info,

When i tried with ssh same below error

Arc manger is running with 2.51 latest version i have skipped the license file and proceed the installation, can you help me paul, whether i need to go-ahead and raise a case with support to provide the valid file. Kindly suggest

NATARAJAN PONNIAH
0 Likes

You have still (or you got) the old type license file (according to the first screenshot). You need to have a valid (autopass format) for ArcMC 2.5.x. I don't think you are in the same case like the others which had autopass license type file.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ArcMC 2.5 MUST take a new autopass generated license. You cannot use an older one. You must ask for this to be generated through the license process that was sent over (email should have been sent). Complete the process for updating the contact details and it will generate an autopass license. Once done, it will be delivered as a .ZIP file but it will contain a .lic file. It is the .lic file that you must use.

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Aplologize for the delay response paul.

Requested License team to generate the new autopass license.

NATARAJAN PONNIAH
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

In case anybody else is running into this issue with an autopass license files, these are the steps I've used to resolve it:

1) Open the license file in Notepad++ (free to download)

2) Make sure the file is in UNIX format.  In Notepad++, go to "Edit -> EOL Conversion-> UNIX"

3) Make sure the file is UTF-8 encoded.  In Notepad++, go to "Encoding -> Encode in UTF-8"

4) Save the license file with a .dat extension (make sure it's lower case)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.