Respected Contributor.. checky04 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Autopass license issue

Anyone here having issue with the autopass license installation on the ArcMC 2.5 Appliance?  Im getting this "LastError=The supplied license file is invalid\: Please upload a valid Autopass license file" .  Im trying to upload the .dat files that I got from ArcSight support.

Thanks!

Richel

Labels (1)
0 Likes
22 Replies
Lewuu Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Autopass license issue

I opened a case with support with this issue a few weeks ago

per our sales engineer today = "I heard from our technical support account team folks that Logger 6.3.1 & ArcMC 2.5.1 should be released this week. They fix the ingest reporting issues and the bulk key add problems we encountered. "

"LastError=The supplied license file is invalid\: Please upload a valid Autopass license file"  -- support issued new keys and still didn't work -  I would restart the arcmc -- sometimes the license would take then

hopefully v2.5.1 does address this...  growing pains of ADP 2.0

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Thanks Tom!  I heard in this forum too it was just Logger having issue that is why I went ahead on the upgrade for ArcMC.  With the autopass license, I did reboot the appliance just to make sure the license is taking effect.   Do I need to reboot the appliance and then re-apply the license?  Appreciate your feedback!  Thanks!

0 Likes
Lewuu Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

try the reboot -- also check the file = /opt/arcsight/userdata/autopass/data/LicFile.txt

0 Likes
osukhera Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

2.5.1 is out and a new version of 6.30 is out, typo?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Logger 6.3.1 is pending release, newer than 6.3.0 that came out recently.

0 Likes
osukhera Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

There was a new version of 6.3.0 posted on 12/6/16...I wonder if that's 'the fix'?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

I still have the same issue even upgrading to the latest ArcMC 2..5.1.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. Carl_E Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Did you ever solve your problem with licensing?

Somehow in upgrading from ArcMC 2.5.1 to 2.5.1P1, I've lost all my ADP Add-On licenses.

I've tried renaming the existing LicFile.txt and uploading the licenses again without success.

I have a support case open now, but maybe you have a solution that will get my licensing back in order.

Thanks

0 Likes
pbrettle Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

One of the benefits of moving to the Autopass mechanism is that we can have a much better view of what license entitlements are and who has what. At the moment its a bit of a guess and a lot of customers have a working license, but incorrect settings. Autopass should help correct this and get things working.

Unfortunately it seems that our records suck and are incorrect - as a result, incorrect licenses are going out. I really recommend getting the ticket escalated or sorted - this is the correct mechanism as they can push on the license and get it delivered correctly. While we (the field) used to have a mechanism to help around this in the past, we cant now as Autopass is a system we don't have access to - again, one of the issues has been field delivered licenses on production systems that are over the license the customer should have - so you can see why we ended up here.

As mentioned elsewhere, growing pains, but once we are through it, it should be much better - and please push on your ticket.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Completely agree again Paul (growing pains...). 

To avoid licensing problems (and having to deal with the HPE licensing portal), I asked my Pre-Sales Solution Architect to handle the back and forth with the Autopass folks. 

I'm 95% sure my licenses are valid now but I've hit some odd bug that caused autopass licenses that were working with 2.5.1 to suddenly stop working after applying 2.5.1P1.  I've performed a test using my non-prod ArcMC server, and the same licenses are working properly there (I even diff'd the LicFile.txt from the ArcMC prod (that isn't working) and the ArcMC non-prod (that accepted the licenses) and they are identical).

I'll give the support person till tomorrow to show results before I escalate the ticket.  Once I figure out the root cause, I'll update this thread to help others.  Hopefully, the solution won't be to perform a clean install of ArcMC!

I do have one question for you though... while my prod ArcMC is in this state, with 0 GB/day being reported, should I expect my managed Software Loggers (v6.3.0) to start throwing warnings and/or preventing my users from searching?  I know Logger always accept new events even when over its license so I'm at least covered there, but should I expect my users to start complaining at midnight (or after X hours/days) that they can no longer perform searches?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Carl,  it looks like we have the same issue,  the solution i got is to upgrade my Logger since its being managed by ArcMC,  once i upgraded to the latest version this will solve the issue,  let's see if that will  be the case. I will be upgrading our Logger this Friday and will let you know.  Of course I will need to apply the new licensing to the Logger, that seems to be the issue, different licensing mechanism from ArcMC to the manage devices. Support made sure that our autopass license in ArcMC still working good and we are not losing data as stated in the error, so I'm holding their word to that.   I agreed this is a growing pains,  you don't know how i went thru with this issue. 

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Richel,

Funny enough, I just finished updating my Loggers to 6.3.1.7874.0 today after having upgraded ArcMC to v2.5.1.1931.0 yesterday... which as far as I know are the latest versions for each product.

After seeing your response, I had a glimmer of hope that all I needed to do was to upgrade the ArcMC agent on the loggers.  Unfortunately, even after stopping ArcMC, renaming the LicFile.txt, starting ArcMC and then trying to upload my licenses (licenses which I've confirmed are good in another local environment), I still end up with the same error.

So your case may be different and I hope upgrading your Loggers solves the problem, but in my case, no luck.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Carl,

Thanks for this info, now I'm having a second thought to upgrade my Logger. Have you tried disabling the ADP, restarting the APS or rebooting?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

I would go ahead regardless of my success/failure...  nothing says that you have the same issue I do.

But on a happy note, your suggestion did the trick!

I disabled ADP, restarted ArcMC, enabled ADP and then suddenly my autopass licenses were valid again!

Thank you so much for getting my environment back in working order.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.