Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Acclaimed Contributor.. lless Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Average salary administrator ArcSight?

Jump to solution

What is the average salary of an administrator ArcSight in your company?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Average salary administrator ArcSight?

Jump to solution

1300$-2300$ usd a month. Depending on the post.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
bondarets Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I'm afraid it's covered by NDA for many of us.

You could start with yourself as an example

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

1300$-2300$ usd a month. Depending on the post.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

In here it will vary based on Experience, Company, Designation. It's ranging from 750 $ - 1500 $ for Avg Exp(3 - 6)

0 Likes
bondarets Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I'm not a SIEM admin, but head hunters offer this job to me from time to time.

Range is from $2500 to $4200 GROSS in Moscow, obviously depends on skills and experience.

0 Likes
scottlsattler
New Member.

Jump to solution

I work throughout the Americas and have found the following wages:

Consulting in the US (If you are paid less, you're the sucker)

Independent Content Developers and Guru's US$ 90-175 an hour

SIEM Console monkeys USD$ 45-60 an hour

Investigators USD$ 75-100 an hour

Permanent pay in the US

Content Developers and Guru's USD$ 130-150  base pay per year

SIEM Console monkeys USD$75k - 90k per year

Investigators USD$ 90-120k base pay per year

0 Likes
Highlighted
dzuperku1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

What's the difference between the console monkey and the investigator

0 Likes
scottlsattler
New Member.

Jump to solution

Console money does first level triage....pretty much stares at active channels and triages rule alerts....the investigators analyzes, classifies and runs down and escalates as needed

0 Likes
Vini Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Scott,

The number you mentioned for Content Developers and Guru's USD$ 130-150  base pay per year.

In US terms, where does it fit in the salary scale? High, medium, low?

What is normally included in a base pay in the US?

Vini

0 Likes
scottlsattler
New Member.

Jump to solution

Typically when you get into the senior roles you get 3-4 weeks vacation, sometimes a bonus is thrown in. Those rates are average right now, compensation is going up due to the lack of talent. Overseas I have seen very wide ranging rates, luckily the Indians haven't flocked to the siem field and smashed the rates down like in the other IT disciplines and I don't think it will happen in SIEM due to many companies requiring clearances. I have seen SIEM base salaries in the 200-250k base pay with bonus on top of that at some of the banks

0 Likes
Vini Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Interesting.

How 150k to 200k salary ranges in the US? High, very high?

Can you support a family with two kids with that? And if so, how well?

0 Likes
Established Member.. anwarrhce1
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Agree with Scott's Salary range description..

at last it depends on company, ur profile, designation etc as well..

0 Likes
amgupta Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

SIEM Console monkeys USD$75k - 90k per year - Lolz

0 Likes
scottlsattler
New Member.

Jump to solution

If you are in the New York area, you can live ok......in florida, you can live like a king but expect 120k down there.....

0 Likes
davidhawley1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I agree with Scott's salary range.  This is a taboo topic, because if you make less you feel jealous, and if you make

more you often falsely feel superior.  You can't really win talking about it, but I do like to as well.

Notice that Scott's rates are half in hourly (for Consultants and Contractors).  The math on this is extremely easy

2000 hours per year in the US so picking a nice round number, just to show the math  $100/hr X 2000 hours = $200K

Take into account downtime between contracts, paying your own healthcare (which used to be extremely cheap in the last 1990's was like $89/mo now it's closer to $600/mo.  If you thought health care was expensive wait until you see "free healthcare" LOL

At any rate, to explain cost of living in the US we had a saying in the San Francisco Bay Area, "Married people

each making $100K (so $200k) struggling to survive...  New York and many places on the East Cost cost even more.

one bed room apartments for only $3,000 /mo parking in some big cities $40 / day $20 for lunch $40 for a couple to see

a movie.  I was charged $300 for 15 minutes of a Doctors time the other day.

Getting back to taxes when the people who get elected are elected by the people who feel "entitled" to receive everything for free (easy way to get elected right?) taxes can creep uo to close to 50%.  One of our strongest Economic periods was when we had Reganomics.  After he was elected they asked him, "what centrlized Government controls do you plan to put in place to fix our totally messed up Economy?"  He laughed, and replied, "I plan to remove all controls and let Capatilism work as it was intended to operate in a free economy".  The results?  8 years of Economic boom that followed on into the

next presidents term for many years...

America and Russia were having a "cold war" and the US beat Russia, how?  Superior military intellect, NO!  by Capatilism Vs Communism Economics.  Both Russia and China realized this and they are doing better and better due to increased Capitalism.

I am not Political we need to save the Environment, we need social equality, my points are purley Economic.

Cheers, David

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.