Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
vip
New Member.

Can a token field be numerical ?

Jump to solution

I'm writing a flexconnector and I'm trying to parse the following kind of events (have been anonymized):

(null) (47) = Identikey Local Authentication|(null) (36) = pdr|(null) (37) = master|(null) (44) ={User ID : PDR}{Password : ********}{Raw User ID : 0x514248}{Password Format : 0}{Protocol ID : RADIUS}{Protocol Specific Data : 0x0A031A0AD1E0DBF08B51083182A4EC37618D7901E1EE37}|(null) (46) ={User ID : pdr}{Domain Name : master}{Notification that a user has a token assigned : ********}|(null) (40) = 1266237151|(null) (41) = MA4NACHOS|(null) (55) = yes|(null) (56) = None|(null) (26) = 10.10.10.10|(null) (28) = 10.9.8.7|(null) (66) = RADIUS Client

So it's a pipe ("|") separated message but as you can see, the field name is numerical (47, 36, 44, etc...).

Are you allowed to write something like this within your flexconnector (looks quite odd to me but why not...) ?

token.count=9

#token[0].name=Client Location

token[0].name=28

token[0].type=IPAddress

#token[1].name=Source Location

token[1].name=26

token[1].type=IPAddress

#token[2].name=Object

token[2].name=57

token[2].type=String

[...]

event.sourceAddress=28

event.sourceNtDomain=37

event.sourceServiceName=66

event.destinationServiceName=57

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zmillford1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can a token field be numerical ?

Jump to solution

Yes, you can (though I agree it looks odd). Everything to the right of the equals sign when doing token naming is interpreted by the java compiler as a string.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
zmillford1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Yes, you can (though I agree it looks odd). Everything to the right of the equals sign when doing token naming is interpreted by the java compiler as a string.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vip
New Member.

Jump to solution

Ok, thanks, I'll try.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.