Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Commander
Commander

Can anyone explain to me what processingtimeout is in agent.properties

I looked in the default properties file as well as flex connector documentation and I can't find an answer. I can explain what I know.

a) This tells me how often to check (in milliseconds)if the log file has been updated

agents[0].foldertable[0].monitoringinterval=

b) This tells me how many Logs to follow at one time

agents[0].foldertable[0].processinglimit=256

c) This tells me to count down (in milliseconds) how long until the file reader stops reading the log file if it has not been updated. It resets itself if the monitoring determines the file has been updated.

agents[0].foldertable[0].processingthreshold=

d) I don't know what this does

agents[0].foldertable[0].processingtimeout=

Thank you,

Brett Pladna

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Brett,

agents[0].foldertable[0].processingtimeout=-1

Default is -1.Mostly used in Batch Mode Processing along with threshold. Threshold is defined based on how complex ur parser is... It will skip that Complex unparsed Event if timeout is reached. Setting Timeout delays the Parsing Time so generally Ignored

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Brett,

Processingtimeout:

- this parameter determines when to SUSPEND the real-time processing temporarily, if file is inactive it will persist the stopping point, kill the thread, and enable the monitoring on the next available file by starting another thread.  Suspended file still will be monitored for activity, resumed if active and a thread is available. A value <= 0 implies that the processing will never be suspended, keeping the thread alive even if nothing happen to a file until processing threshold time passed.

Hope that helps to clarify any confusion

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.