baauji1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can reports be generated without archiving?

Hi,

I noticed that the reports archive before generating. My disk is running out of space due to which reports are not generating and it will take time to buy a new dedicated hard disk for ArcSight. Is it possible to generate the reports without archiving ?

0 Likes
8 Replies
bondarets Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can reports be generated without archiving?

You can edit 'Archive Report Expiration Time' option in schedule job and set it to lower value.

0 Likes
baauji1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

But in this case as well, the reports will still be archived, be it for a small time. I want to generate reports without archiving. Because there is no space left in my device.

0 Likes
bondarets Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is not the way it should be done. Add/free some space or change disk to a bigger one. What is the size of your reports? Good report should not be more than 10 pages and 80-150KB. Don't you have even several megabytes free on disk?

You should know, that any disk (HDD or SSD) performs extremely(!) slow when it is full, even 98% and risk of failure is very high in such cases. So now you make your system suffer, don't do that, otherwise disk will fail soon and everything will be lost.

0 Likes
baauji1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I will add a new disk but it will take time.

Actually that is also a strange thing I am facing, the reports are hardly 15-20 KB and still they are showing no space left on device.

This is the sample error I am getting:

"Report Apache Report could not be archived.

Reason: com.arcsight.server.reports.ReportException: Failed to archive report , cause by Write failed: java.io.IOException: No space left on device"

The database partition for saving reports if I know correctly is "ARC_SYSTEM_DATA" which is showing 4TB free. Still the reports are not generating because of no space. Can you suggest anything in this?

0 Likes
bondarets Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Reports are not stored in database. They remain on disk, usually it is /opt/arcsight/manager/reports/archive/

0 Likes
baauji1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you please tell me is there any way to check how much space is left on disk?

0 Likes
bondarets Absent Member.
Absent Member.

df -h on ssh console.

p.s.: why are you replying to yourself?

0 Likes
baauji1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

lol.. I didn't notice that

hmm.. well, the manager is not under my control. It is controlled by some external team so I will have to ask them for the specs I guess. Anyways, thanks for the help

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.