Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Can't find event at the ESM

Hi

I see one device host last event recived at recent time, but at the ESM  command center use search, but find this host event.

I check the syslog connector not filter drop some events

ESM:7.2

Connector:7.1.14

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Can't find event at the ESM

Hi! I found an issue with Syslog SmartConnector 7.13 an 7.14 that probably is related with your problem, when previous versions received events not supported by any parser, they where categorized as Unix and sent to the ESM/Logger.  With these new version, events are silently discarted by the Connector 😞

I will create a new Post reporting it, and probably open a Case, as in the Release Notes we are not seeing any change behaviour with Syslog...

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.