lgabrielli Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Cannot start subscription Office 365

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to install the smartconnector for Office 365.

When I insert the value:

Azure Tenant Domain:name

Client ID_xxxxxx

Client Secret: xxxxxx

SharePoint Online=True

Echange Online= True

Azure Active Directory=True

I have the following message:error_office 365.jpg

On the agent.log there are Error message like:

[2018-02-06 21:15:08,851][ERROR][default.com.arcsight.agent.util.k][createParameterVerificationMessage] Error [Cannot list subscriptions for Office 365 due to: [Unauthorized]]. Possible Solution []
[2018-02-06 21:15:08,851][ERROR][default.com.arcsight.agent.b7.a.c][listSubscriptions] Cannot list subscriptions for Office 365 due to: [Unauthorized]: [null]

I already read the issue about Office 365 on the forum but nothing.

Can you help me?

Regards,

LG

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

Re: Cannot start subscription Office 365

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think the problem is on the Azure permission.

Follow the steps on the picture. Hope this can help you.

LucaOffice365_Grant_Permission.jpg

Note:
When configuring the smart connector, keep in mind :

•TenantID=Directory ID (it is a alphanumeric string not mycompany.onmicrosoft.com)
•Client ID=Application ID

To get DirectoryID
Log on su Azure Portal --> Azure Active Directory --> Properties --> Directory ID (copy the value)

4 Replies
Frequent Visitor.. JorgeC
Frequent Visitor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Could you solve this problem? I'm facing exactly the same and I don't know what else should I try

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think the problem is on the Azure permission.

Follow the steps on the picture. Hope this can help you.

LucaOffice365_Grant_Permission.jpg

Note:
When configuring the smart connector, keep in mind :

•TenantID=Directory ID (it is a alphanumeric string not mycompany.onmicrosoft.com)
•Client ID=Application ID

To get DirectoryID
Log on su Azure Portal --> Azure Active Directory --> Properties --> Directory ID (copy the value)

julian.tapley@h Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi there

Just curious if anyone else has this issue and have managed to resolve it? I've successfully installed the Office 365 connector a number of times in the past but today when I've tried I get this error.

I've applied the permissions as suggested by this solution but I still get the "Cannot start subscription" error. Digging deeper I've found another error in the office 365 logs:-

Get Users: Success

Get Events: HttpRequestFailure: Server returned: 400 Bad Request

[Cache-Control: no-cache, Pragma: no-cache, Content-Length: 955, Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8, Expires: -1, Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0, Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0, X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319, X-Powered-By: ASP.NET, X-Powered-By: ASP.NET, Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 08:25:14 GMT]

{"error":{"code":"StartSubscription [TenantId=d7d830d6-4a03-4f27-b91f-xxxxxxxxx,ContentType=Audit.SharePoint,ApplicationId=05a65629-4c1b-48c1-a78b-xxxxxxxxx,PublisherId=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000] failed. Exception","message":"Microsoft.Office.Compliance.Audit.DataServiceException: Tenant d7d830d6-4a03-4f27-b91f-xxxxxxxxxx does not exist.\r\n   at Microsoft.Office.Compliance.Audit.API.AzureManager.GetSubscriptionTableClientForTenant(Guid tenantID, Boolean throwIfTenantNull)\r\n   at Microsoft.Office.Compliance.Audit.API.AzureManager.<GetAPISubscriptionAsync>d__22.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at Microsoft.Office.Compliance.Audit.API.StartController.<StartSubscription>d__0.MoveNext()"}}

I've raised an MS support ticket as it looks like its a subscription issue. The subscription is a free trail version and I've since created another to check but have the same error. So not sure if it's caused by it being a free trail instead of a paid subscription but I've always used these to test the connector without issues?

Any help welcomed 🙂

0 Likes
julian.tapley@h Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Actually, looking at the original screenshot, my issue is slightly different. I get:-

Office Error.PNG

Difference is the [Bad Request] instead of [Unauthorized] hence why the solution was to apply updated permissions. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.