mrjoshua Contributor.
Contributor.

Carbon Black Smart Connector

Not sure what happened over the years but if feels like the ArcSight smart connector support is severly lagging. I am not sure why flex connectors are used so much, back in the original days <) would tell you DO NOT make flex connectors unless they had no roadmap to smart connector support for that product. It was my understanding that they do not properly do categorization & priortization etc....; and that properly parseing the alerts into correlation normalized events would not work in the long run.

My problem is that technologies like Carbon Black Response, Defense, and now Proection do not have smart connectors at all. In fact the documentation here still has Bit9 listed which is not even a product anymore (2016) (Cb Protection).

Am I missing something is the new model to just do flex connectors for new / updated technology?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Carbon Black Smart Connector

check this out:
https://www.microfocus.com/media/flyer/arcsight_connector_supported_products_flyer.pdf

Carbon Black Security Platform is under the CEF Certified Solutions. You just need to send the logs in CEF format on Carbon Black.

------------------------------------
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.