Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Case Staging

Jump to solution

Hi,

How can I automatically move a case to a folder according to their Stage?  For example I have these Stages:

1. Queued

2. Follow-up

3. Closed

Thanks!

Richel

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hey ​,

There isn't a way for the rules engine to move cases, but there is a very simple solution!

Step one is to create Search Groups (pick where in the /All Cases/... hierarchy you want to put them, you can always move them later):

Step two is to create the group (Let's start with Queued):

Attributes:

Conditions:

NOTE: you will need to scroll WAAYY down because of all the included events fields to find the Stage condition! Of course, you could just type "stage" in the Search for: box...

Step three is to repeat this for the other stages you use:

I only have two cases in my development environment, but it works like a charm!

Hope this helps,

--

Prentice Hayes
ArcSight Security Team Architect & Principal Consultant

ArcSight R&D | Federal Services

HPE Security Products

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hey ​,

There isn't a way for the rules engine to move cases, but there is a very simple solution!

Step one is to create Search Groups (pick where in the /All Cases/... hierarchy you want to put them, you can always move them later):

Step two is to create the group (Let's start with Queued):

Attributes:

Conditions:

NOTE: you will need to scroll WAAYY down because of all the included events fields to find the Stage condition! Of course, you could just type "stage" in the Search for: box...

Step three is to repeat this for the other stages you use:

I only have two cases in my development environment, but it works like a charm!

Hope this helps,

--

Prentice Hayes
ArcSight Security Team Architect & Principal Consultant

ArcSight R&D | Federal Services

HPE Security Products

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for the immediate feedback Prentice Hayes, I will test this and will let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

Richel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Yey!  It works!  Thanks again Prentice Hayes!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Cool! I'm very glad it's working for you, and you're very welcome!

Would you be so kind as to mark the question as answered, please? Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.