Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Certificate import to Logger 6.1 from Arcsight Express

Hi
i have an old Arcsight system, Express7200.
i want to forwared logs from the logger 6.1 to my arcsight in order to make that i need to import the certificate to the logger,

but when i am trying to make that, its just not doinng noting .
i followed that post :

but also like that, it didn't give me to import the certificate.  "There are no certificates to display"
any idea?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Follow the steps below to obtain the certificate file from your Manager destination:
1. In your web browser of choice, go to https://<manager_hostname>:8443. A message displays stating that the security certificate is not
trusted.
2. Accept the certificate presented as follows, depending on your browser:
If you are using Firefox:
a. click on Add Exception. If you are using IE, click on Continue to this website.
b. click on View to view the certificate.
c. go to Details > Export.
d. Save the certificate as type X.509 Certificate. (Filename: *.PEM)
If you are using Internet Explorer:
a. click on Continue to this website.
b. click on Certificate Error next to the address bar
c. select View Certificate.
d. Go to the Detail tab, click Copy to File.
e. Save it as DER encoded binary X.509 (filename: *.CER)
3. In the Logger UI go to Configuration > Event Input/Output > Certificate tab.
4. Click Add and upload the file you just saved. If applicable, check the Overwrite Certificate box.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

first thank you for your answer

but i did that already. and it didnt work

and then uploaded the certificate as PEM format

any other idea ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Just check whether the certificate is in PEM format

Several PEM certificates and even the Private key can be included in one file, one below the other. But most platforms(eg:- Apache) expects the certificates and Private key to be in separate files.

> They are Base64 encoded ACII files

> They have extensions such as .pem, .crt, .cer, .key

> Apache and similar servers uses PEM format certificates

Is your certificate with above extension? try with .cer it works

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.