Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Chat groups (Slack/Discord/IRC) ?

Is there any official or unofficial chat group communities that is around ArcSight or SIEM in general?

I think it would be quite beneficial for HPE to have one, i mean especially since it is free and takes 2 minutes to setup.

Would anyone here use it though?

EDIT: Seems like a official one wont be setup in any near future, so an unofficial one was created if it would interest anyone:

Channel can be accessed here, through a web app, though it also supports desktop application on any large operating system:

https://discord.gg/w7Zztu6

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All topics and replies made is based on my personal opinion, viewpoint and experience, it does not represent the viewpoints of MicroFocus.
All replies is based on best effort, and can not be taken as official support replies.
//Marius
Labels (3)
6 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

While this is not an official statement, its unlikely that HPE will do anything in the short term. There is a lot of work going on in the background around the systems that are in use (such as the Support online system, the SAID system and even the Marketplace), therefore adding another system is unlikely to happen in the short term.

Also, legally, these things can be fraught with problems too - since they are potentially seen as a path for support and covered under contractual terms. So chances are pretty low at the moment, so if anyone wants to do this unofficially and link to Protect724, go for it!!!!

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That is quite understandable. Also the legal obligations would be a very gray area, which is good to stay away from.

Well for everyone that wants to, i then created a Discord group for this, mostly because it has web based and clients for all popular operating systems.

Joining the channel can be done here:

https://discord.gg/w7Zztu6

//Marius

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All topics and replies made is based on my personal opinion, viewpoint and experience, it does not represent the viewpoints of MicroFocus.
All replies is based on best effort, and can not be taken as official support replies.
//Marius
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Marius,

I have added myself to the Discord server link you provided.  This isn't an official endorsement but rather me trying to be proactive so that I can remain connected in the event this off-P724 community becomes active.

Thanks and Regards,

Michael Lumsden

ESM Product Manager

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That sounds good Michael, though i do not know if people would actually use it. I use Discord for other things as well, so having it open is fine for me, though most people does not seem interested. I do wonder if it is the choice of technology, or if it's just that most does not like communication channels like that.

//Marius
0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

The discord link no longer works. Is this chat still active?

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Unfortunately we never got activity rolling on this one, i am still interested in doing something similar, but there was no current interest at that time.

//Marius
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.