kamran.s.qasim Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Check connector type

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am working on some connectors that i did not install. i know they are for firewall logs but not sure what type of connector was used during install. for syslog connector I'm not sure if it is daemon, file or pipe. is there any easy way to check what type of connector is installed?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
or@we-can.co.il1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Check connector type

Jump to solution

Hello,

In the path '%connector_name%/current/user/agent' you have .xml file (or files).

If you'll open the file you'll see that the first line has a property called 'AgentType='. That's where you'll find what type your connector is.

Another option is to look at events coming from your connector and check the 'agentType' field.

Notice that these types are not always clearly readable and understood but you should be able to understand which connector you have.

Regards,

Or.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
or@we-can.co.il1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

In the path '%connector_name%/current/user/agent' you have .xml file (or files).

If you'll open the file you'll see that the first line has a property called 'AgentType='. That's where you'll find what type your connector is.

Another option is to look at events coming from your connector and check the 'agentType' field.

Notice that these types are not always clearly readable and understood but you should be able to understand which connector you have.

Regards,

Or.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kamran.s.qasim Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks. I have also found another way from the ESM console.

right click on the connector>send command>tech support>get configuration xml file.

the first line will have agent type =

0 Likes
danayash@we-can Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

In case you want to know the Description as it written in the installation wizard. you can verify that with the Non Wizard agentsetup

Connector Desc.jpg

0 Likes
njanardhanan@ny1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

Even there is anothor easy method!!

Getting Status Reports

You can see a SmartConnector's current operational state at any time.

1 Choose the Connectors resource tree in the Navigator panel.

2 In the Connectors resource tree, right-click the SmartConnector, choose Send

Command>Status>Get Status.

3 In the Connector Status window you can see a readout of all the connector's current

parameters

You ll see things like this:

Status Generated: Wed Mar 07 13:20:09 PST 2007

Memory Usage: 65Mb out of 253MB

Agent Content Version.......................2007-03-01-09-02-05_4793

Agent Type..................................testalertng

Agent Version...............................4.0.2.4793.0

CommandResponses Processed..................1097

Current Max Rate............................22

Event rate LTC..............................Wed Mar 07 13:18:42 PST 2007

Events Processed.............................24003

Regards,

Naveen.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.