Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Cisco Ironport automatically delete FTP files after processing

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I recently configured a Cisco Ironport websecurity connector getting logs via FTP.

We are running out of storage space every second week, as the logs are very huge.

I wanted to delete the FTP files automatically, once the connector reads the file.

I modified the below lines in the agent.properties

agents[0].foldertable[0].processingmode=batch

agents[0].foldertable[0].mode=DeleteFile

agents[0].foldertable[0].startatend=true

agents[0].foldertable[0].usenonlockingwindowsfilereader=true

Got this idea from the forum itself.

I was successfully able to delete the ftp files automatically, but the connector doesn't seem to be processing the events in those files.

The file after reaching the ftp folder gets deleted by smartconnector in a few seconds (file size is around 60MBs).

Initially i assumed that connector read the file and deleted it.
But i was wrong, as i never got any events on the console after making these changes to agent properties. So I had to revert them back and i started getting events again.

I there anything i am missing on?? Please help.
Can i rename the files to .processed and delete only those files that have .processed extension. 

Ankit
Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Posting the solution for the above problem for forum users. I figured it out myself by testing.

I had to set the below values to false

agents[0].foldertable[0].startatend=false              // this made the connector read the file and then delete it.

agents[0].foldertable[0].usenonlockingwindowsfilereader=false         //Connector was not able to launch the nonlockingmode file reader so logs were getting moved to the bad folder when i tried renaming them.

Finally connector is reading the files and then deleting them.

Ankit

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Posting the solution for the above problem for forum users. I figured it out myself by testing.

I had to set the below values to false

agents[0].foldertable[0].startatend=false              // this made the connector read the file and then delete it.

agents[0].foldertable[0].usenonlockingwindowsfilereader=false         //Connector was not able to launch the nonlockingmode file reader so logs were getting moved to the bad folder when i tried renaming them.

Finally connector is reading the files and then deleting them.

Ankit

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.