Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.

Connector Appliance web UI

Hello all.

I have just taken over duties as manager of our company's Arcsight architecture and am currently reviewing all connectors through the ConnApp web user interface.

I cannot help but notice a quite long delay whenever I click on a connector. The info will appear after 1-2 minutes, sometimes more. The CPU of the machine is well below 10% so I am wondering what could be causing this delay.

Or is this normal? If not has anyone ever experienced this?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
16 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I do not believe that data. They are very unstable. Information on EPS in containers generally never tells the truth.

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply but that is not what I am looking for.

As mentioned I'd like to know if it's normal to notice a rather long delay for the connector`s info to appear when I click on the name.

BTW, this is in the ConnApp`s "Manage" section.

0 Likes

Hi Luc,

This is not a normal behaviour, you should get a response within seconds, otherwise there is something wrong either at the connApp level or network.

0 Likes

I suspected as much. I'll need to try and isolated the bottleneck.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What type of connector is it, and how what is it's current throughput?

Even though your overall system CPU is down, that one connector may be overloaded and thus not responsive enough.

Go to Setup->System Admin->Process Status and see what the CPU and memory usage is for that specific connector (and the web as well).

We had one connector that was pulling in lots of data and applying a huge number of FilterOut logic, and increasing the memory allocated to that specific container/connector helped a lot.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Luc,

Which ConApp version u r facing this issue with ?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Another thing to look at is the system memory. We have had this happen in the past as well when the server runs out of memory due to a container hanging up, the network was pulled out from under it and needed to be rebooted etc. The gauges in the top left aren't always accurate. I would recommend reviewing Setup->System Admin->Process Status when you want more accurate info.

0 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply.

I am having this issue with ALL of the connectors.

The current usage seems pretty low from what I can see. It seems like a network issue to me.

sc.jpg

0 Likes

I am using 6.2.0.6244.0.

0 Likes

Hmmm...

CPU usage is pretty low (8.2%) but memory is at 57.1%.

I'll need to have a look at how much RAM I have on this box.

0 Likes

Well I had a colleague monitor the memory usage while I was browsing connectors and the overall usage did not move one bit... Darn.

This looks more and more like a network issue...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.