Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.

Connector Appliance web UI

Hello all.

I have just taken over duties as manager of our company's Arcsight architecture and am currently reviewing all connectors through the ConnApp web user interface.

I cannot help but notice a quite long delay whenever I click on a connector. The info will appear after 1-2 minutes, sometimes more. The CPU of the machine is well below 10% so I am wondering what could be causing this delay.

Or is this normal? If not has anyone ever experienced this?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
16 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

One note about the high memory usage compared to the lower CPU usage... We have a couple of older appliances (Logger 7100, ConnApp 3400) that don't have much load on them either, but use high levels of memory ~50%. We also have newer appliances (L7500 and C6500) that have much higher loads, but rarely utilize 50% memory.

Also, if you have DNS resolution on for your connectors that can contribute to high levels of memory utilization, especially if they are constantly trying to resolve an IP that isn't in DNS. Most of our systems aren't in DNS so we have DNS resolution turned off. Otherwise the ConnApp will do nothing but try to resolve thousands of IPs.

0 Likes

Well turns out that rebooting the ConApp on a regular basis corrects the problem...

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

0 Likes

Indeed.

And I am a huge IT Crowd fan so I have no excuse for not thinking of this sooner!

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

It is annoying how often I resort to this to fix problems. Roy is the master.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.