Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Trusted Contributor.. daniel.eddy Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Connector Filters Not Updating When Modified

I'm seeing some inconsistent behavior with our connector filters.  When we update the filter in the ESM, the changes don't seem to be applying to the connectors as they should.  To make sure the changes are (or are not) making it to the connectors, I am greping out the XML files in the connector's agent directory but do not see the updates in the zonebasedfiltering section.  When I remove the filter from the connector, the filter-out options do get removed from the XML file but when I re-associate the filter to the connector, the old settings show up, not the new ones.  This seems to affect all connectors, not just a select few.

However, when I restart the ESM services, the updates are pushed out but then seem to get "stuck" again after an undetermined amount of time.

Is there a filter cache that needs to be rebuilt, such as the caches for the data monitors and rules?  The old settings seemed to be saved somewhere but I don't know how this works on the backend.

Any thoughts on this one?

If it helps, we are using 6.9.1c (no patches installed).

Thanks for your help!


Labels (4)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.