Super Contributor.. klr01 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Connector Full GC Alert on ArcMC 2.5

My ArcMC (version 2.5) is showing connector "Full GC" warnings periodically throughout the week. However, the ArcMC dashboard does not specify which connector is experiencing the issue. I am quite frustrated with the various health alerts in the ArcMC dashboard because although you can drill down, you can't drill down enough to see specifics. I've included a screenshot below of what I see in the ArcMC.

I made an assumption that the Full GC warning could be for a couple of my high volume connectors. I've adjusted java heap memory size a few times for those connectors, but the warnings eventually return from time to time. All of my connectors are version 7.5. Does anyone know how I can determine which connector(s) on the ArcMC are experiencing Full GC issues? Also, any suggestions on how to resolve this aside from modifying the initial and max java heap sizes in agent.wrapper.conf?

Thank you!

ArcMC Full GC Alert.gif

Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
pbrettle Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Connector Full GC Alert on ArcMC 2.5

The best thing is to go to the connectors themselves and pull the logs - specifically the agent.log and agent.std.log files - you can do this through the ArcMC interface, but if you can get them, take a look into the GC entries and see what is going on. It could be a heap memory issue, but it could also be an issue around a memory leak etc. Take a look here for some good details on troubleshooting connectors:

And dig into LogFu on the connector logs - overlay the memory usage, GC and EPS onto the graph to see if there is a trigger aspect (such as a spike EPS) or something like that. LogFu details is in the link above.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. klr01 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Thanks Paul! I'll give your suggestions a try.

0 Likes
rbraam1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

The missing information must be a major design failure, looks like arcmc 2.51 is not completely finished.

As per documentation snmp traps are also not working (it's missing instructions about copy a arcsight MIB file to /usr/share/snmp)

HP Support acknowledged this and told me it will be fixed in arcmc 2.6

question is, when will 2.6 be released ....

I noticed also the full GC messages with a connector, it can be JVM related.

Tried to increase the heap size for the connector but the connector still has Full GC (ergonomics) messages almost every minute. The Connector works fine however, so maybe arcmc should not mention this behaviour as a warning.

0 Likes
pbrettle Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

ArcMC 2.6 release date? Its not fully locked yet, but expect to see something at the end of March to the start of April - there are still some things to be updated and this is a big release with a number of components being released in one go, so it might slip a little into April. Just so you know!

0 Likes
ekirca1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Update your ArcMC to version 2..6, this version can show which connector is caching or giving full gc error

0 Likes
Highlighted
Meisch Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thats all perfect but does one do to fix a full GC issue when there is only so much heap size you can increase to?
Logs, logs and more logs
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. fpieressa Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi! We are seeing the issue is fixed at least on version 2.93.

But now, Is there any way to change de wrapper configuration of a SmartConnector from the ArcMC?

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.