Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Connector not visible in ArcMC

Hi,

I have created a connector and enabled remote management when setting it up. When I log in to ArcMC I cannot see this new connector, is there something I need to do in ArcMC to make it visible?

The connector is an Exchange Message Tracking Log Multiple Server file connector.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hey Scott,

Once you have setup remote mgmt on the connector side you will need to scan the host from ArcMC.

Go to your node mgmt in ArcMC and navigate to your "site". If you don't have one I recommend creating one.  Once there add the host that has the connector installed on. Go back to node mgmt and look for that host under your site listing. You should see a dropdown next to the host you just added. Select "Scan Host". Then enter the port range that the connector remote mgmt port is in (you can use the same starting/ending port if only one port open).

Then enter the default credentials and click Next.  It should scan the remote host and prompt for certificate installation on the next screen.  You should be good after that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Andrew, thanks for the advice.

I would think that should work, but when I go through those steps, the last message I get is 'the host was not updated'. I put the port range as 9001-9005 (ive added 2 connectors as 9004 and 9005 recently, and ARCMC already sees 9001-9003 connectors).

These connectors were installed as 'root' (which I need to change), and the credentials I give during the scan are not root (its a lower privilege account), could that have something to do with not adding the new connectors?

I've tried both options of importing the certificates, and not importing the certificates, but have the same result 'no update to host'.

Any ideas? and thanks for the help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.