Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
andrew.dalbor Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Connector won't start - 1 of 2 Logger Pools unavailable

Anyone else run into a similiar issue and found a resolution?

All of my connectors have 3 destinations (ESM, 1 Primary Logger Pool, 1 Secondary Logger Pool).

My secondary Logger pool is unavailble at the moment due to software failures. 

I have multiple WINC (7.7.0.8036) connectors that refuse to start.  The service is stuck in "Starting" and will not fully launch.

The logs indicate a the down pool is not available which I am aware of but I see no indication of why the connector would refuse to work with only 1 pool down.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
AarushJ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Connector won't start - 1 of 2 Logger Pools unavailable

Hi Andrew,

By any chance did you tried with Arcsight Logger Samrt Message insted of Pool.
Check connectivity between the Logger and Connector.
As a best practise maximum you can use 6 to 10 windows devcies (need to increase heap size 1st) in a single connector.
Try removing few devices and use filtering for filter out unwanted events. Also try to upgrade your connector version.
Basically if connector java environmet faces any issues services hung error may occure.
You can also check for ram and memory utilization.
Best way to look into the agent.log file for any knind of error. 
I have faced same issue couple of months earlier I have concentrated on above stated things and end up resolving the issue.

Hope it will work for you as well.

AJ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.