Highlighted
Senior Member..
Senior Member..

Content Management

Hi,

3 Questions for today 

• Tip: You can resolve push failures by setting larger values in server.properties. 

• • Some failed pushes which include Queries can return an error: Cache size for Queries is insufficient to import this archive. Fix this issue by changing the value in server.properties of resource.broker.cache.size.Query to 3000.
    • A large package push may fail because of the value of archive.export.max.size. The default value is 30000, but you can increase this value to accommodate large packages.

1-Do all of these comments refer to the sender or recipient manager ?
2-  Do i have  to restart the arcsight after doing it ?

The second error i got is this  :  " Unable to send  CONTENT to Subscriber queue size exceeds 50 tasks "

Which parameter needs to change for it to work ?

Thanks 

Shay

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Content Management

Hello Shay,

• Cache size for Queries is insufficient to import this archive. Fix this issue by changing the value in server.properties of resource.broker.cache.size.Query to 3000.

This appears to be an import message.  So, it follows that the property would be set on whichever manager machine is receiving the content push.

• A large package push may fail because of the value of archive.export.max.size. The default value is 30000, but you can increase this value to accommodate large packages.

This is an export message, so it should be set on the machine from where the content is being pushed.

See also:

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM1270611

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM1270388

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ESM-and-ESM-Express/ESM-7-2-ArcSight-Console-User-s-Guide/ta-p/1661010 - Ch 26:  Managing Packages (p 740 also) 

The final error you specify is less common,  i believe that it would look like this:

• "Unable to send content to <subscriber name> subscriber queue size exceeds 50 tasks"

This means that you have queued too many tasks for synchronization at the same time,  or perhaps the tasks are very slow to complete meaning that even if you launch them a few minutes apart, the task queue still fills up.

Package synchronization (import / export) is actually quite intensive,  particularly for the receiving manager. Where possible you should keep the number of import tasks at any time to a minimum, along with the size of the packages themselves.  You can see some notes on package import/export workload in the section of the manual I have outlined above.

If you absolutely must increase the task queue,  the property is "subscriber.queue.limit" which defaults to 50.  I would not recommend increasing this by a large amount, perhaps in increments of 10 to test.  Micro Focus support may ask you to alter this value to default if it is percieved to be contributing to performance problems on the ESM servers.

I hope that this helps,

Best regards,

Darren

ArcSight Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.