Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Commodore
Commodore

Convert package to older ESM

Jump to solution

Hello!

Is there any official or unofficial tool to convert arb packages to older versions of ESM? For example package was made on ESM 6.8 and I want to install it on Express 4.0.

Or any documentation of what is the difference in resources in arb.

Thanks in advance.

Aleks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, packages incompatibility may occur even from older versions to a newest version, like 5.5 -> 6.5.

Especially if you have broken resources. In this case I had to do the same manual work by excluding offending resources from the package. The Package Manager is not smart enough and it easily produces packages that contain incomplete or broken resources.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Aleksandr,

ArcSight Express 4.0 is based on version ESM 6.0.

Have you tried to install the package? Maybe it is working

What kind of error do you see if you have already tried?

HP ArcSight Support has tool to migrate from ESM v5.X to ESM v6.X, I advice you to ask them directly if there is a tool that can help you.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi Michael,

I tried to ask this question support team, they proposed Proff Service.

Now I do this by triyng to import package to Express, see what error occures, then open xml file from arb package, delete lines which was in error and again try to import..

This is not very convenient.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, packages incompatibility may occur even from older versions to a newest version, like 5.5 -> 6.5.

Especially if you have broken resources. In this case I had to do the same manual work by excluding offending resources from the package. The Package Manager is not smart enough and it easily produces packages that contain incomplete or broken resources.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Not easy way to do that.

However you could try to parse the xml manually and then create a new xml for Express.

Unzip the arb package and open the xml file.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.