Highlighted
grantsales
New Member.

Custom Case Creation

I'm looking for some help on easy ways to automate data entry into a case without using a rule.

Customizing the Editor

1 \config\caseui.xml

2 \i18n\common\label_strings.properties

3 \i18n\common\resource_strings.properties

I already know how to customize the case editor with XML.

What I'd like to do is auto map specific event fields to fields within the case so the user doesn't have to manually enter in this data.

Example:
Case tabe "Final" sub tab "Incident Information" contains two fields, "Incident Source 1" and "Incident Source 2".

My goal is to make is so what ever event is selected while creating a new case (assuming a single event is selected and off of a rule fire or an event, not manually created) would auto send source address and destination address into these fields. This is the Right-Click Add to Case function within an active channel.

I'm looking to do more complicated things with the built in case tool and will eventually consider some automation with the rule fires creating cases for me, however this is my starting point to see if it can do what I want it to with existing content.

Has anyone done this before?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
grantsales
New Member.

Re: Custom Case Creation

nobody has any idea?

0 Likes
julien Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I like your thinking on making case documentation easier.  Unfortunately I don't have anything concrete to recommend.

I think if anything I'd steer you toward writing a script and adding it to Tools (in the Active Channel rt-click drop down) or seeing if an Integration Command could do anything like what you want.

If you get something to work I'd be interested in hearing about what you did.

0 Likes
grantsales
New Member.

I think an integration command might work.

I think i'll have to send this to PowerShell first and import a empty case to do it. Seems like a lot of work for something that should be included in the tool. If this doesn't exist, I'll have to get this on the feature request list.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.