Highlighted
nmbabkin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Custom ESM Report Templates

Hello!
Has anyone of you guys tried to modify report template in an embedded report template editor?

Things to consider for example:

1) Changing report logo to custom company logo

2) Modifying layout - adding more charts of tables (currently default templates are limited to 3 tables in the same report, i'd like to make 4-5 tables report)

If anyone had any success in this or is there any guide to make this possible?
Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
firru Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Custom ESM Report Templates

Hi Babkin,

Yes it is possible.

I have created 5 tables template with 10 rows and 5 columns

0 Likes
nmbabkin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Mohammed!
Would you please tell me how to do this step-by-step?

0 Likes
firru Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Attached is the screen of the report template editor for your reference.

Also we can customize the logo with our company logo which should be in JPG, PNG formats.

Regards Mohammed

0 Likes
firru Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can refer console user guide for step by step process for this.

or else

Kindly find the attached srt file for the 5 tables template which i have created..

you can import and use it.

0 Likes
Ruslan Mikhalov Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I spent a bit time trying to figure out how template editor works.

There is no docs describing all features of that editor. E.g. you can script templates (smth like javascript - 2.png) to make them look different than default ones (1.png). This resulting table is compiled from two tables with data (one with OS, the second - with ports) that are invisible on report using scripting.

If you are interested I can share with some links on report scripting.

So if you need any assistance contact me and I'll try to help you.

Regards.

0 Likes
nmbabkin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ruslan and Mohammed,

I appreciate your help guys.

Mohammed,

did you manage to change the logo at the end?
And thanks for your template as well.

Ruslan,

it would be very nice of you if you make some instructions on how to script your own template or modify existing.
Also, your report screenshot (1.png) looks very yummy. Is it something like regular environment changes tracking?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.