Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Custom table style in report template not working

I have created a custom template within Report Designer. Within this template, I have also created a custom table style. This is accessible within Report Designer through table properties (right click a table and click properties) > table tab > select style > New. When I define a custom table style and set that to be used for my table inside my template, that table style is never recognized within ArcSight anywhere outside Report Designer. All I get is a plain table in my reports when selecting my template. If I pick an alternate table style that is bundled with ArcSight, it shows up fine. How can I get my reports to use this custom table style I have defined? The feature is there, but not working properly for me. I am using ArcSight 4.01. TIA -- JR
0 Likes
14 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just a small update.
If you check the Report Designer process you will see that it has some listening ports on it.
Could it mean that ESM is trying to connect to Designer?
For sure that this connection is blocked in our internal network.

Could this be the factor that makes some cases work and other don't?

For your assessment

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

No that's not the case.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

To change the background color of the table header you have to follow these steps:

1. Open the Report Designer.

2. Select the complete row of the table header you want to change and make a Right click.

3. Select the Format option.

4. In the Attribute panel, select the value "Basic HTML" for the Presenter field.

5. Select the Background color you want.

6. Save the template and use it from ESM console.

Regards,

Pablo

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.