nbadgujar
New Member.

Customer name is not displaying

Hello Team,

I have installed a New SQL smart connector for a new customer.

I have created location , networks,customer, zones and assets for the same.

I have also added SQL connector to the Network , but still customer name is not displaying in the active channel.

customer name field is blank.

Plz suggest some solution for this issue.

Regards,

Naresh

Labels (3)
0 Likes
4 Replies
stefan.oancea Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Customer name is not displaying

Hello Naresh,

Considering you have configured everything else right, I can't see in your post anything related to the configuration of the Connector itself. So, if you haven't already done that, please check:

From ESM Console -> Edit Connector -> Networks: make sure your Network is there

From ESM Console -> Edit Connector -> Default -> Content -> Network -> Customer URI: make sure you fill that in with your Customer Name from the Drop Down

Some good presentations on this topic can be found here:

All the best,

Stefan

0 Likes
nbadgujar
New Member.

Hello Stefan ,

I was missing customer URI , After making changes its working . Thank you.

One more thing I want to ask , if from the same connector i am getting logs for multiple customer then how to proceed, as we can select only one Customer URI.

Regards,

Naresh

0 Likes
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can do the custom mapping in the connector level.

Cheers

Gayan

Mr
0 Likes
stefan.oancea Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Naresh,

There are two ways you can achieve that:

1. Through map files configured on the connector level (in the connector's configuration files)

2. Through Velocity Templates configured through the ArcSight Console - basically in the same Customer URI field where you already introduced a static customer mapping, you can add a variable expression to map different customers depending on a condition

Both are briefly explained here:

chapter "Setting Customer Tags to Events", page 19.

By the way, that is another very useful document once you consider implementing multi-customer environment.

All the best,

Stefan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.