Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DHCP Parser Errors

I've been noticing a consistent amount of errors in my agent.out.wrapper.log and agent.log logs for my Microsoft DHCP connectors (dhcp_file). It seems the connector is trying to parse the header of the log file as I get 27 Unable to create time stamp with Date null and time null errors which would account for lines 4-30 of the log file. Then I always see a Unparseable date: ' 1:Quarantine" which seems to match line 31 of the log. It then skips the blank line and throws the error, Unparseable date: "Date" which seems to match up with line 33 in the log. How do I tell it to ignore the first 33 lines of the log? I have 3 separate containers for DHCP and all are seeing the same issue.

Agent Version 7.3.0.7886.0 (Also had the issue with 7.2.4.7831.0)

Parser AUP Version 7.3.0.7886.0

Content AUP Version 7870

Attached: Sample Log & Errors

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hello Todd,

this type conector by default will work with realtime Microsoft DHCP Audit Files, which are updated in realtime by Server process.

New lines will be updated to the file while it gets new entries coming (user leasing, renewing, etc).

Confirm in your agent.properties if you have "startatend=true" defined.

I had the same problem as you in the past, when I needed (because my copy process in that time) to parse the whole file offline, so, I have changed this parameter to force the whole file processing from begining. I had the same parser errors as you described for the filelog header..

Regards,

Fabiano.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.