Highlighted
Established Member.. fausto.filho1
Established Member..

Debugging time based database FlexConnector

Hi folks,

Can somebody give me a light here?

I'm trying to figure out a way to check the format and current output from "?" used to limit limit a given query in a time based database FlexConn, as shown below in this example query:

SELECT time, ipaddr, message FROM

EVENTS

WHERE

time >= ?

ORDER BY time

Is there out any way to get "?" on the fly, to perform the same query to assure that my connectors is working as expected?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Debugging time based database FlexConnector

Hi Fausto,

here ? use as primary key. If you want check whether your query work not then you can try it in the java sql developer.

Cheers

G

Mr
0 Likes
Established Member..

Hey G, whats up?

So, I was looking deeper in the connector execution log and found the values attributed to "?" on the fly - in this case it will be the last execution time. To debug the query we can copy the date and substitute the "?" for it in the query developer.

Furthermore, I recommend DBeaver to interact with the database. It's a very flexible and reliable tool.

Thanks for your help and time, dude!

ff

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Cool man.

Time based flex is really easy since all the time "event time " parameter is unique.

The connector is replacing '?' with the result of first query in the second one, the connector will replace the '? ' from 'Query' with the value taken from 'event time'.

Cheers

Gayan

Mr
0 Likes
Established Member..

That's the algorithm, Gayan!
Hope ours thoughts help somebody in the future!

Cheers,

ff

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yep

Mr
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.