Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Default Storage group reached 99.00%

Dear All,

Currently my Arcsight software logger 5.3.1 showing default storage group as 99.00%. I would like to reduce the storage size by archiving/deleting older logs whichever recommended. I am interested to keep only 3months older logs from today date. Kindly advise me Is there any workaround for the same?

Thanks

Mahesh

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think you need to enable archiving for the default storage group and then reduce the retention.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

try to change the retention policy.

From Configuration menu,

--> Click Storage (left panel)-->From the Storage Groups Tab, click on  the Storage group you want to change the policy retention.

Now change the Fields "Maximum Age (Days)" to 93  (3 months) and Save the settings.

Regards

Luca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your response.

Currently logger software has 800GB max storage size out of which we are configured for 750 only.

Do I increase the size of storage from 750 to 800Gb now? is their any issue doing so else its no harm I can go ahead & increasemax storage.JPGstorage size.JPG the size.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

yes you can increase the size of the storage group to 800 GB without any issue. I always use all the space available on the storage groups

From the System Admin Guide:

"Once a storage group is created, it cannot be deleted however its size can be increased or

decreased any time."

Regards,

Luca

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.