Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
seguranca1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Default Storage group

Jump to solution

Guys, good morning.

I need help!

I have set the settings below but it is not happening.

Storage Group Name / Retention Period (day) / Archive Location
Default Storage Group: 120 / opt / arcsight / logger / data / archives /

Storage Group Name / Retention Period (day) / Archive Location
Internal Event Storage Group: 365 / opt / arcsight / logger / data / archives /

This failure (Archiving (failed)
When accessing the server I identified the scenario below.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/ dev / sda5 2.1T 1.6T 533G 75% / opt

I understand that purge routine is not being performed or not?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
AarushJ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Default Storage group

Jump to solution

Hi,

Good Day!

>Did you check reachablity to the archivial location from your data collector devices I mean Logger or ESM for which your are trying to archive the logs.
>Please check if the paths are shared and have enough rite to access the archival location.
>Please check archival limit settings on your devices Logger or ESM.
>You can also threshold limit for archival.
>Check error.log file once you again try to archive and and it failes.
>Try clearing some old files like older then 1 year if you have and agai try to archive.
>Try restarting your logger if it is fessiable for you.
> Lastly If nothnig works just have the snapshot of logs or get the retrive logs and open a case with support with the logs

AJ
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
AarushJ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Default Storage group

Jump to solution

Hi,

Good Day!

>Did you check reachablity to the archivial location from your data collector devices I mean Logger or ESM for which your are trying to archive the logs.
>Please check if the paths are shared and have enough rite to access the archival location.
>Please check archival limit settings on your devices Logger or ESM.
>You can also threshold limit for archival.
>Check error.log file once you again try to archive and and it failes.
>Try clearing some old files like older then 1 year if you have and agai try to archive.
>Try restarting your logger if it is fessiable for you.
> Lastly If nothnig works just have the snapshot of logs or get the retrive logs and open a case with support with the logs

AJ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.