New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

Deleting user account from ESM - What happens to user owned content ?

Jump to solution

Hi,
We would like to know how if we delete a user account, whether it will make their content non-functional?
We have staff turn over and when the staff leaves the company we want to ensure their content is still working. Can the content ownership change eg changing from user A (whos account is deleted) to owner B (whos account isactive) ensure that the content works after user A's account is deleted?

Would packaging the content, deleting the user account and then installing the package work? Has anyone tried it

thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hey,

I can confirm what support stated.  Running 6.8cP4 here and anytime we delete users the associated content usually gets nuked along with it.  We made it a practice to only disable users to ensure any linked content doesnt get removed forcing us to re-create it.

Andrew

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

We are running ESM 6.9.1c Patch 1. To add to the above HP support claims the following:

"once an ESM console user is deleted the content mapped to the user will also be non-funcional. So it would be better to disable the user rather than deleting. So if you delete the user then you need create the content again"

I asked for this to be seconded by someone senior in support as we have had different experiences when deleting users in the past.

Can someone share how they manage ESM console users that are no longer used but their content built over time will still be used as valid?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey,

I can confirm what support stated.  Running 6.8cP4 here and anytime we delete users the associated content usually gets nuked along with it.  We made it a practice to only disable users to ensure any linked content doesnt get removed forcing us to re-create it.

Andrew

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Commander
Commander

Ok thanks. So be it I guess but have you seen any formal statements from HPE about this deficiency in their product?

It seems very dubious for a security platform to support this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

Apparently these is a feature request opened:

ESM-51287: To be able to delete users in ESM and Keep their User content. (Status : Open)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.