Highlighted
New Member.

Detect logon activity from multiple geo locations

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to detect logon activity for a user account from multiple Geo countries.  I have currently created a lightweight rule to populate an active list to maintain a table with username, country. 

I have also got a 2nd rule which looks at the active list and see if username is equal and Source Geo Country Name is not equal to that in the active list. But it doesn't trigger.. 
Help is much appreciated. 

Thanks

Indi

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

For Example:
Create AL 
User (key field) , country

Then use rule to pupulate that list.

Than create rule that should wait for system event of Active list update entry. there are fields under device custom strings, that hold information regarding old and new fields of Your active list. Compare these two fields and thats it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Indi,

I believe you have missed below one or more

Active list key filed
No data in the active list.
Rules don't trigger

Your purpose is detecting login activity from multiple Geo locations. So can you explain your 2nd rule? I'm bit confused with it.

Cheers
Gayan.

Mr
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.