Highlighted
AarushJ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Devloping regex for Verint logs

Hi All,

I m trying to build the regex for verient logs PFB sample logs:

06/06/17 13:04:24.926 (-05);Fair, Lindsey(702002828);Loaded a blank form;Form Fillout;Application:Quality Monitoring
06/06/17 13:04:26.286 (-05);Super User(8001);Loaded a blank form;Form Fillout;Application:Quality Monitoring
06/06/17 13:04:25.486 (-05);Fair, Lindsey(702002828);Loaded a blank form;Form Fillout;Application:Quality Monitoring
06/06/17 15:10:49.851 (-05);Altizer, William(40001309);Performed a search;Quality Monitoring ;Search Type:Contacts

And desiged regex:

^(\d*\S\d*\S\d*)\s(\d*\S\d*\S\d*.\d*)\s\((.\d*).\X(\w*.\w*\s\w*)(.\d+.).(\w*.\w*.\w*).(\w*.\w*)\s.(\w*.\w*.\w*.\w*)
Facing the challange at group 7 and 8  attaching the snap for the same please check.
Pleas help to resolve/correct the regex.

Thanks in Advance,
Anchal Jain
+91-8147-10-6564

AJ
Labels (2)
0 Likes
13 Replies
Super Contributor.

Re: Devloping regex for Verint logs

0 Likes
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Do you want to break all part of the log ??

Mr
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

yes i want, however i have tried ansd fixed the issue with the regex:^(\d*\S\d*\S\d*)\s(\d*\S\d*\S\d*.\d*)\s\((.\d*).\S(\w*.\w*\s\w*)(.\d+.).(\w*.\w*.\w*\s\w*)\S(\w*\s\w*.)\W(\w*\W\w*\S\W\w*)
AJ
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

however today i got another set of verient logs which are totally diffrent but included in the same log files pfb:
AJ
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

6/07/17 13:03:18.408 (-05);Ollenburger, William(40000509);Accessed Speech Analytics;Impact 360 portal;URL:/SpeechAnalytics/homepage.aspx?InstanceID={0}&SiteID={1}&WorldName=ETM&UseTPS=false&ScreenWidth=1440&ScreenHeight=900&Language=en-US
AJ
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

06/07/17 13:03:17.968 (-05);Ollenburger, William(40000509);Logged in;Impact 360 portal
AJ
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

06/07/17 12:36:29.152 (-05);Morataya Castellanos, Lleni Mari(702004464);Opened a contact;Quality Monitoring ;Agent Name:Bran Mayen, Francisco;Contact ID:9129760848850000431;Local Start Time:06/06/17 08:01:28.810;Local End Time:06/06/17 08:21:11.810
AJ
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Now the regex i have build tha is capable to parse the logs lines and log type what i have posted initially but the recent log lines that i have posted are not able to parse tried hard to get it done but somewher i m missing something please help me build a global parser which can parse all the log lines i have posted now and before. thanks in advance
AJ
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

hi gyan any leads you'ld like to suggest as I have mentioned. or give me you contact i'll call you to disscus the same.
AJ
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Gayan thanks for the reply, I hope you have seen the image attached with this post l. I want to break in parts for perticular log between the ; that comes under group please have a look to screenshot attached you will understand what I m saying coz we needs to parse these logs in diff fields to we have to break up it in different group and then we can go with mappings. My concern is at group 7&8 avaliable in the screenshot. FYI I have pasted 4diff log lines in the post and each of them starting from date.
AJ
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Shaun Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Why not just use a delimiter parser rather than regex? 

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Shaun,
AJ
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Shaun, I m unaware for the delimiter parser can please refer some supported documents or how to devlope, it whould be really helpful to go ahead for creation of delimiter parser
AJ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.